In 2013, Mr. Leke Alder began a series of advisory tweets to his mentees – men and women who follow him on social media and want to be mentored by him.
Those tweets metamorphosed into the Jack & Jil social media initiative and the #Letr2Jack & #Letr2Jil letter series focused on wholesome relationships.
Jack & Jil is currently active on the following platforms:
Website: www.jacknjillive.com | Twitter: www.twitter.com/lekealder and www.twitter.com/jacknjillive | Facebook: www.facebook.com/jacknjillive
Jack & Jil has grown significantly and some stats as at July 2015 are as follows:
- 9,000 subscribers on jacknjillive.com
- 14,000 followers on facebook.com/jacknjillive
- 72,000 Twitter followers on @LekeAlder and 6,000 on @JacknJilLive
- 2,000 email counselling requests dealt with
- Total reach: 3,897,540
- Total impressions: 29,000,000
- Currently accessed in 89 countries
The positive feedback from readers of Jack & Jil has been overwhelming. The emails have also been heartbreaking – cases of sexual abuse, domestic trauma, hopelessness and planned suicides! So many need help. Therefore, the scope of Jack & Jil is expanding.
These are some of our new initiatives:
- A mobile app is currently in the works.
- We will like to hire operations and social media interns.
- We will like to do more live events such as Moving On – a special programme for the hurting. (Two editions have held already).
- We are putting together a team of counsellors and therapists.
- We will like to amplify the reach of jacknjillive.com.
To make a one-off or monthly donation to support the initiatives above, please click here.
If you are a mobile app developer or wish to underwrite the cost of the Jack & Jil mobile app, please send a mail to email@example.com.
If you will like to underwrite the cost of the venue for a Moving On event, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.